- Purchase for a Cause
Purchase for a Cause
Every day wildlife officers are on the land, in the air, and on the water working to protect California’s valuable natural resources.
The Warden Stamp Program was initiated in 2010 to address the need for better equipment and training for the state’s wildlife officers and to provide funding for special law enforcement programs.
Wildlife crimes are on the rise and becoming more complex to solve. With approximately 400 wildlife officers in the state patrolling 159,000 square miles of natural habitat, the job is extremely demanding. Officers must perform a number of roles including catching poachers, eradicating illegal marijuana grows, responding to oil spills, providing public safety, educating the public and much more. Every day is a new challenge.
- Wildlife officers protect more than 1,000 native fish and wildlife species, 6,300 native plant species and 360 threatened or endangered species.
- Wildlife officers patrol about 400 square miles of land per officer.
- Wildlife officers keep watch over 1,100 miles of coastline, 30,000 miles of rivers and streams, 4,800 lakes and reservoirs and 80 major rivers.
- Wildlife officers patrol on foot, by plane, boat, all-terrain vehicles, snowmobiles, and even on horseback.
- There is approximately one wildlife officer for every 100,000 Californians.
Help keep our oceans safe! Each purchase over $300.00 (fish excluded) comes with a free stamp donation sticker. This donation (paid by us) helps combat illegal poachers that devistate our oceans.
**When you recieve your sticker with your purchase it has been already been bought and paid for. There is nothing else you need to do. Thanks** **This program has ended as of 12/17/2016**